Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Letter Written to My Wife



At times it feels as if my soul changes suddenly from summer to winter and my colors of autumn have been pushed away. The touch of the cold earth freezes all hope. My happiness falls to the ground like the leaves off the shedding trees. Though depression can take part of me, it will never take all of me because I always know you are my spring. You revive my soul and make my heart new with your love and perfectly placed kisses. And even though my words will never give the poetic justice that your beauty, heart and soul deserves, I feel that is my job to try to paint that masterpiece. You are more than just one person among the millions, you are what those millions strive or pretend to be. You inspire me to be greater than my goals. You are everything that is right with the world, an homage to love. My love for you can only be fathomed by the mind of God. With you I am everything and without you I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment